We offer a wide range of substrates to mount your prints on. Depending on your budget and end-use, we can recommend a substrate board that suits your needs. Most of our substrates are available at 5ft x 10ft. Some of our most common substrates include:
- White and Black Foamcore (3/16" or 1/2")
- Chipboard / Showcard (1/16")
- Acid Free Ragboard (White 4 ply)
- 1/8" Masonite (Hardboard) (1/8" or 1/4") - Edges can be bevelled / blackened
- White and Black Gatorboard (3/16" or 1/2") - Other thicknesses available
- White and Black Sintra (3/16" or 1/2") - Other thicknesses available
- Clear Acrylic (1/8" or 1/4") - Other colors & thicknesses available
- White Dibond (1/8")
In addition to mounting to the above substrates, we can add a lamination to provide protection to your print. In certain cases where the substrate is rigid, we can also add a recessed backframe for easy and secure hanging.
Facemounting to Acrylic (Second-Surface Mounting)
This is one of our most popular mounting techniques whereby the print is facemounted (second-surface) to acrylic. Using this technique, your image colors appear more brilliant and sharper than in a traditional picture frame due to there being no space between the acrylic and print. This process is favored by our fine art community and can be found in fine-art galleries and museums around the world.